As sad as it may be, there are many times that a really tasty dinner roll with a little butter and salt have been the highlight of a meal for me. Which isn’t to say the meals were bad…. I just LOVE bread. With the summer grilling season in full swing, these can step up to the plate as slider buns (or bratwurst buns as pictured) or wow the guests of your next dinner party. If you want soft crust for buns, make the night before and store in a zip-top bag. If you want them to keep the crispy crust and chewy crumb like a great baguette, make within a few hours of serving a leave uncovered.
- 4 ounces Sorghum Mix
- 6 ounces White Rice Flour
- 3.9 ounces Tapioca Flour
- 0.25 ounces Potato Starch
- 0.75 ounces Xanthan Gum
- 0.35 ounces Yeast
- 0.35 ounces Salt
- 1.5 ounces Sugar
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Large Egg (whole)
- 2 Tbsp Butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1.5 cups Warm Water
- Mix dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients and mix on high speed (speed 6 on my Kitchenaid) for 3 minutes.
- Place dough into a zip top bag. Cut off the corner to form a hole roughly 1 inch in diameter.
- Pipe the dough onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper into balls roughly 1.5 inches in diameter. Allow room for the dough to double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375F(400F) and allow the dough to rise, covered, for one hour.
- Bake for 40 mins.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool on a rack.